Audiovox VE1020 10.2-Inch Widescreen LCD Drop-Down TV
Audiovox VE1020 10.2-Inch Widescreen LCD Drop-Down TV and DVD Playerby Audiovox
- (18 reviews)
- Write a review
- DVD player with folding, swiveling 10.2-inch LCD screen; measures 13.75 x 8 x 11 inches (W x H x D) when open
- Can be used as a speakerphone; 125-channel cable-ready tuner, built-in AM/FM stereo, LED clock
- Compatible with DVD movie, CD audio, and CD-R/RW discs as well as MP3 digital audio files
- 2 composite A/V inputs, 1 RF, and a headphone jack
- Built-in stereo speakers (1.2 watts each)
- This offer is no longer available. Visit our home page to discover our latest discount offers.
- Brand: Audiovox
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 pounds
- Item ID: upc:044476017988
- Item ID: ean:0044476017988
The VE1020 features a large 10.2-inch screen (with 800 x 480-pixel resolution) that swivels for the optimal viewing angle. It also includes a 125-channel cable-ready tuner, built-in AM/FM stereo, LED clock, and LED timer on the included slim remote control.
This DVD player is also a great way for you to listen to your favorite tunes. Its compatible with DVD movie, CD audio, and CD-R/RW discs as well as MP3 digital audio files. It has 2 composite A/V inputs, 1 RF, and a headphone jack. The VE1020 offers two built-in speakers (1.2 watts each).
Whats in the Box
Audiovox VE1020 DVD player, remote control, 2 AAA batteries, telephone cable, coaxial cable, AM antenna, FM antenna, and hardware for mounting to kitchen cabinet.
We also found that it plays DVD+R and DVD+RW, even though that's not in the tech specs. I'm not sure about the DVD-R/RW.
My only negative is that when not viewed the screen locks only with the screen facing down toward the countertop, which isn't optimal in a kitchen. It will close in the opposite direction, but not lock.
Other than that, a terrific find!
1. IR remote control reception is too finicky. It appears there are two IR receivers on the unit. One on the main unit and one below the TV screen. If you don't aim the remote control exactly perpenticular to one of those two receivers, the remote control isn't picked up. It could be the remote control shipped with the unit is weak. I can be only 5 feet away from the unit and the remote won't be picked up.
2. MP3 playback mode is weak. While it does play MP3s, it will only shuffle within folders. Also, it doesn't read the ID3 tags of the MP3 files. All you will see is the file name (which is truncated way too short in my opinion). It also isn't easy to get the CD in shuffle mode (lots of button clicks).
3. Tough to.